- Our commitment to privacy goes hand in hand with our commitment to provide high-quality healthcare services.
Information We Collect
We collect and process different types of information for various reasons. Some of the information we collect include personal information such as name, contact information, birth date, insurance details, and medical history. This information is necessary for us to provide you with healthcare services and to manage our patient relationship with you. In addition, we also collect technical data such as your IP address, browsing activity, and other usage data when you interact with our services.
- We collect information in various ways such as during your visit to our healthcare center, during your usage of our SAVE-IT software, through forms, or directly from you.
- We strive to ensure that all collected information is accurate and kept up-to-date to provide the best possible care to our patients.
- We strictly adhere to HIPAA rules and regulations in all our data collection processes and maintain the confidentiality and privacy of the collected data.
Use of Your Information
Our primary use of your information is to provide healthcare services tailored to your unique health needs. We also use your information to manage and maintain our relationship with you, for communication purposes, for billing, for improving patient experience, and for healthcare management. Moreover, your information may be used in a de-identified, aggregate form for improving our services and conducting research.
- We use your personal health information to provide individualized healthcare services, ensuring the best possible care for our patients.
- We use your information for scheduling appointments, reminding you of upcoming appointments, and keeping track of your health status.
- We use your information for billing and insurance purposes, ensuring a smooth and hassle-free process for you.
Disclosure of Your Information
At NYCDocs, we recognize the immense sensitivity of your health information, and we assure you that your trust is paramount to us. We strictly abide by the policy of not selling or renting your personal health information to third parties under any circumstances.
- NYCDocs upholds a firm principle of safeguarding the privacy of all user information. Our policy is in adherence to HIPAA, where we are not permitted to disclose any patient information to any entity, barring explicit permission from the patient themselves.
- Only necessary medical information will be utilized by NYCDocs for enhancing the efficiency of your healthcare treatment. We do not distribute your data in any form, ensuring maximum confidentiality.
- Legal obligations that require us to disclose information will be followed strictly under the laws of the land. However, in all other circumstances, your information is completely under wraps.
Protection of Your Information
Your health information security is our top priority. NYCDocs ensures robust physical, administrative, and technical safeguards to secure your information from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
- Data encryption technologies are employed to protect your data at rest and during transmission, reducing the risk of data breaches.
- Our personnel undergo rigorous training and are required to strictly adhere to our security policies.
- Regular security audits and risk assessments ensure the continuous enhancement of our protective measures and help in identifying potential vulnerabilities.
- Despite these rigorous measures, no system can be fully secured, and we cannot entirely guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our Services. However, we make every effort to protect your information to the best of our ability.
Your Rights Under HIPAA
As a patient, HIPAA provides you with certain rights concerning your health information. This includes the right to access your health information, request a correction/amendment to your health information, request an accounting of disclosures, and request restrictions on certain uses and disclosures.
- We are steadfast in upholding your rights under HIPAA and facilitate the exercise of your rights as mandated by law.
- You may exercise your rights by sending a written request to our Privacy Officer at our mailing address. We may charge a reasonable fee for providing copies of your health information.
- We will respond to your request in a timely manner following all applicable laws.
- Please note that we may not be able to grant all requests for restrictions or amendments to your health information.
- Any significant change in the way we handle your personal information will be communicated through a conspicuous notice on our website, or we may alert you via email.
Patients Under the Age of 13
Our Services are not intended for patients under the age of 13, and NYCDocs does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13.
- If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information.
- If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us immediately.
- We are committed to complying with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) and take children's privacy seriously.
Your Rights Under the California Consumer Privacy Act
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) provides California residents with certain rights regarding their personal information.
- The right to know about the personal information a business collects about them and how it is used and shared.
- The right to delete personal information collected from them (with some exceptions).
- The right to opt-out of the sale of their personal information.
- The right to non-discrimination for exercising their CCPA rights.
NYCDocs abides by these rights and extends them to all our users, regardless of their location.
We understand the importance of your personal information and have implemented robust security measures to protect it.
- We use state-of-the-art encryption technology and secure servers to keep your personal information safe.
- All the transactions are encrypted and transmitted through a secure SSL protocol.
- We restrict access to your personal information to those employees who need to know that information to provide benefits or services to you. They must abide by security procedures and maintain the confidentiality of your information.
- Despite our best efforts, we cannot guarantee absolute security due to the open nature of the internet. We advise you to use a strong and unique password and not to share it with anyone.
International Data Transfers
NYCDocs operates in the United States and follows the laws and regulations of this jurisdiction.
- While we do not actively transfer data outside of the United States, our website and services may be accessed globally.
- If you are accessing our services from outside the United States, please note that your data will be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States where our servers are located.
- By using our services and providing us with your information, you consent to this transfer, processing, and storage of your information in the United States.
We value our relationship with you and welcome any comments, questions, or complaints you might have regarding our privacy practices.
- We promise to address your concerns and try our best to provide a satisfactory resolution.
- If you believe your privacy rights have been violated, you may file a complaint with us or with the Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services.